• Laura Angelini was named president, North America of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. She will oversee the Vistakon U.S. and Canadian businesses.
• Essilor of America was listed on this year’s InformationWeek 500, which showcases the top U.S. technology innovators, for its OPTUITIVE cloud-based lab management system.
• CooperVision has launched the “Impossibly Comfortable Getaway Sweepstakes,” a Biofinity contact lens campaign, in which patients are asked to provide their idea of “dream-like comfort” for a chance to win a spa or beach getaway. For further details, visit www.impossiblycomfortable.com.
• Accutome will offer Keeler’s portable slit lamps (PSL Classic and PSL One) and the Applanation Tonometer to U.S. customers. E-mail email@example.com for more information.
• Alden Optical has expanded its ON DEMAND resources to include a streaming video of the 2013 Global Specialty Lens Symposium NovaKone workshop. Visit www.aldenoptical.com/products/soft-specialty/novakone to view the video.
• VSP has launched the VSP Eye on Age-Related Macular Degeneration Campaign to increase consumer awareness about prevention behaviors, support eye docs with related CE and provide free eye care to those in need. Visit www.vspeyeonamd.com for more information.
• The FDA issued market clearance for Bausch + Lomb’s latest frequent replacement silicone hydrogel contact lens comprised of MoistureSeal Technology. The technology combines “breakthrough material with new manufacturing processes” to create enhanced comfort and vision.
• Prevent Blindness America has announced the state winners of its “Most Beautiful Eyes” contest. (See www.preventblindness.org/2013-most-beautiful-eyes-state-contest-winners.) The final winner will receive a $10,000 educational scholarship from Marchon Eyewear.
Optometric Management, Volume: 48 , Issue: October 2013, page(s): 13