- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), in partnership with the University of Southern California Roski Eye Institute, has created an OCT education and advocacy campaign. Public-friendly videos and an advocacy toolkit can be found on the ARVO website, arvo.org .
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals has named Judith J. Robertson chief commercial officer.
- CareCredit’s Caring Communities Program has given a grant of $25,000 to the AOA Foundation’s InfantSEE program. Visit InfantSEE.org .
- Essilor of America announced the following leadership changes: Mike Atkinson is senior vice president, industrial operations; Rick Gadd is president, Essilor Lab Group; and Steve Nussbaumer is senior vice president and general manager, key accounts.
- Haag-Streit USA and Reliance Medical products have partnered with Walman Instruments, now a national authorized distributor of their products.
- Heidelberg Engineering GmbH named Arianna Schoess managing director and member of the board of directors.
- LensFerry S, a subscription-based ordering service from EyeCare Prime, has expanded its product offerings to include all contact lens modalities. Visit LensFerry.com .
- MacuLogix Inc. has named William McPhee CEO of MacuLogix Inc., succeeding John Edwards, who is stepping down as CEO and board director.
- Marcolin Eyewear has appointed Massimo Renon worldwide commercial general manager.
- Paragon Vision Sciences has received approval from the China Food and Drug Administration for the Paragon CRT Contact Lenses.
- PARx Solutions has released “What to Know: Guide to a Successful PA Process,” an e-booklet to help physicians anticipate prior authorization challenges. Visit tinyurl.com/PARxDownload .
- Transitions Optical has named Darragh O’Connor vice president, global marketing.
- Professional Eyecare Resource Co-operative (PERC) is partnering with Vision Associates to provide its members with dispensary services. Visit Visionassociates.com or percalliances.com .
- Profunda Inc. received the FDA’s orphan drug designation for its drug miltefosine (Impavido) in the treatment of acanthamoeba keratitis. Visit profunda.com .
- U.S. News & World Report. named optometry the ninth “Best Health Care Job,” for 2017, stating it offers 11,000 jobs, a median salary of $103,900 and an unemployment rate of 0.6%. OM