10. I donít need a larger frame inventory.
9. Pre-appointing is the best recall strategy and is the key to building a busy practice.
8. Delivering glasses in one hour or one day is no longer important in practice building.
7. Annual employee evaluations are an important part of staff management.
6. Saturday hours are not that important to practice growth and they are inefficient due to no-shows.
5. A good bonus or incentive program for staff is a smart way to increase optical sales and improve performance.
4. For a fee increase to be well accepted, it should not be greater than 10%.
3. Using scribes in the exam room would drive payroll costs too high and it is simply not practical.
2. Medical billing and coding are the keys to financial success in optometry today and itís smart to have a higher fee for medically-based examinations.
1. It is smart to bring in an associate to buy into my practice earlier in my career so I have a secure exit strategy.