I received several emails about last week's tip article, which covered strategies to retain more spectacle Rxs in your practice. The main interest was about a small bullet point near the end of the article which described a patient education handout we use in my practice. The title of this handout is "Six Reasons to Buy Your Glasses at Gailmard Eye Center." These readers asked if they could get a copy of the handout, so I'll provide it here.
I originally designed this one page flyer about 25 years ago. I've updated the "reasons" a few times over the years and the page has evolved from a photocopied typewritten list in black and white to a full color version with graphic design elements. I think it's important for your printed materials to reflect the high quality you provide in other areas of your practice. Once you perfect your Six Reasons handout, use publishing software or see a local printing company for assistance to make it attractive. Microsoft Word has easy to use templates for flyers that you simply insert your text into. Be sure to use your practice logo and include your website address and other contact information.
How we use the handout
The purpose of our Six Reason handout is to list what we feel are the major benefits to the patient for buying glasses from our office. They are our competitive advantages. Every office has advantages, but obviously they are not always the same ones. We like the patient to be armed with our list if they decide to shop around for new glasses, so we simply give the handout in addition to the written Rx. It helps them compare apple to apples in the marketplace.
We also feel that patients who buy their glasses from our office should also know the advantages they receive, so we give the handout to them as well. We added a statement at the bottom that reads: "The glasses you ordered will be ready on ___________", and we write the date in the blank. This saves us from having to call lots of people to tell them their glasses are ready and prevents many patients from calling us and asking if they are ready. We give a promise date and we only call the patient if we are not going to meet that date for some reason (rare).
Here are the six reasons we use in our handout with a short explanation for each. Feel free to use these or change them as needed for your practice.
- Fast service. We have our own surfacing and finishing laboratory and three full-time lab technicians so your glasses can be made fast. Many prescriptions are ready in one hour.
- Huge selection of frame styles. Our dispensary has 2,000 frames on display, more than three times that of the average office. Our Eyewear Fashion Consultants will help you find the perfect style, size, and color in your price range. We carry several exclusive frame lines, such as...
- All plastic lenses have a scratch resistant and an ultraviolet coating at no extra charge. The anti-scratch coat makes plastic lenses very tough - they are guaranteed for 1 year not to scratch, or the lenses are replaced free (only 1 replacement per year). The UV coat blocks ultraviolet sun rays and protects your eyes.
- 14-day exchange privilege. After getting your new glasses, if you decide you don't like the frame, you can exchange it for any other frame. If new lenses are required, a small lab regrinding fee will be charged. This regrinding fee varies with the type of lens used; check with the receptionist.
- We stand behind our prescription. Our doctors are available to review your prescription needs and recheck your vision if you have adaptation difficulties (at no charge). We'll make any lens change needed at no charge and you won't be caught in the middle. We want you to love your glasses!
- Free lifetime adjustments and repairs. Our expert opticians will professionally adjust and fit your glasses as often as needed for as long as you have them, at no charge. We replace screws and nose pads at no charge for our patients also.
Additional reasons you can substitute
Here are a few more to consider...
- A digital dispensing system in our office. This instrument takes extremely accurate measurements to provide a precise fit for your glasses. It also lets you playback a video so you can see what you look like in your new frames and it demonstrates optional lens features.
- One year warranty. All eyeglasses carry a one year guarantee against breakage at no additional charge. If your glasses break, for ANY reason, just return the broken parts and your glasses will be repaired or replaced free! Scratches are covered also!
- Second pair 50% off. If you buy two or more pairs of glasses at the same time, the additional pairs are each 50% off!
I use a different handout designed for patients we can identify as interested in shopping for glasses online. See Tip # 359, http://www.optometric.com/mtotw/tip_new.asp?tip=359, and a few others on this topic in the tip archive.
If you prefer not to receive e-mail, please use the following link to remove your e-mail address from this list: Unsubscribe
This message was transmitted by PentaVision LLC, 323 Norristown Road, Suite 200, Ambler, PA 19002 | 215-646-8700
Please make sure our e-mail messages don't get marked as spam by adding visioncareprofessionalemail.com to your "approved senders" list. Please do not reply to this e-mail message.