FOR YOUR PATIENTS AND PRACTICE
Low vision loupe
■ The Task Jupiter Loupe, from Tech Optics International, is an acrylic stand base magnifier for your low vision patients. It contains a 2 and ½” diameter lens in 5.0x power.
Tech Optics International
Phone: (856) 795-6199
Portable retinal imager
■ The EyeScan, from Ophthalmic Imaging Systems (OIS), is a portable retinal imager that captures live video and 5.3 megapixel digital images of both the anterior and posterior segment from each of its six interchangeable imaging modules. (These modules enable you to transition from capturing one type of image to another without moving the patient or the instrument.) Further, it provides a 40° field of view with a working distance of 43mm and can fit within a car's trunk.
Ophthalmic Imaging Systems (OIS)
Phone (800) 338-8436
The EyeScan captures live video and 5.3 megapixel digital images.
■ The Cocoons SnapOn eyewear collection, from Live Eyewear, named for its butterfly design, is clip-on sunwear for 95% of today's plastic and metal prescription frames, the company says. It is available in scratch-resistant amber and gray polarized Polaré lenses and attaches to the eyewear's bridge. Also, it's available in a variety of lens shapes, such as a soft rectangle shape, with individual lens measurements that range from 48mm to 60mm wide. In addition, The Cocoons SnapOn eyewear comes with a protective case.
Phone: (800) 834-2563
Sean John frames
■ The Sean John 2010 Eyewear Collection, from Marchon, is comprised of eight styles for men — four of which are sun styles. The sun styles are SJ834S, which is an oversized soft rectangle frame, SJ139S, which is an oversized aviator frame, SJ830S, which is a rectangle frame and SJ832S, which is an oversized rectangle shape. Regular frames: SJ2025, which is a thick-rimmed rectangle frame, SJ4045, which is a thin-rimmed rectangle frame, SJ4043, which is a soft rectangle shape and SJ4046, which is a semi-rimless frame. Details include chrome-striped patterns, interlocking hinges and sculpted bridges.
Phone: (800) 645-1300
The Sean John 2010 Eyewear collection features four sun styles.
- Renu Fresh multi-purpose solution, from Bausch + Lomb, is now available in a clear bottle.
- LUMA version 1.3, from Eyemaginations, includes 12 new and enhanced ocular presentation topics, such as retinal vein occlusion overview and lattice degeneration overview. Also, it features new functionalities, such as enhanced video controls and closed captions to better the patient's visual experience, the company says.
- The Humphrey Field Analyzer with Guided Progression Analysis, from Carl Zeiss Meditec, has received 510(k) Class II FDA clearance to specifically assess the rate of visual field loss through time.
- Metro Optics now offers an exclusive free iPhone application that guides you step-by-step through the ordering process. Visit the iPhone App Store to obtain the application.
- Essilor of America, Inc. now offers Transitions XTRActive (extra dark outdoors) lenses in: SFSV AS Airwear Transitions XTRActive Gray, Accolade Airwear Transitions XTRActive Gray and Accolade Freedom Airwear Transitions XTRActive Gray, Varilux Physio Airwear Transitions XTRActive Gray and Varilux Physio Enhanced Airwear Transitions XTRActive Gray. Visit www.airwear.com, www.accoladelenses.com and www.variluxUSA.com for more information.
Optometric Management, Issue: May 2010