FOR YOUR PATIENTS AND PRACTICE
▪ Expression edging system, from Briot USA, includes a touchscreen for feature navigation. The system provides fast tracing, shape modification capabilities, including a bottom half and axis comparison screen, and easy maintenance options, the company says. Also, Expression offers OMA connectivity, remote tracing, a manual bevel/groove for flexibility and the ability to receive updates through Briot TechSoft.
Phone: (800) 292-7468
The Expression edging system includes a touchscreen for feature navigation, including shape modification capabilities.
▪ PreserVision AREDS 2 Formula, from Bausch + Lomb, is a commercially available eye vitamin and mineral supplement. The supplement’s formula is based on the National Eye Institute’s (NEI) AREDS2, or Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2. Two soft gels, the recommended daily dose, provide the NEI-supported levels of six nutrients: vitamin C (500mg), vitamin E (400 IU), lutein (10mg)/zeaxanthin (2mg), zinc (80mg zinc oxide) and copper (2mg cupric oxide). B+L originally introduced a PreserVision AREDS 2 Formula in 2010 but reformulated the supplement after AREDS2 findings were published.
Bausch + Lomb
Phone: (800) 553-5340
▪ Junior BanZ sunglasses, from Baby BanZ, are intended for boys and girls ages 4-10. The sunwear provides 100% UVA/UVB protection and polycarbonate frames for infants and children with multiple color options, the company says. JBanZ include a color-coordinated neoprene carrying case and zipper clasp along with a removable neoprene strap. Also, the sunglasses feature a wrap-around design for wind and debris protection as well as flexible temples to resist damage from bending.
Phone: (660) 563-7100
Junior BanZ sunglasses include a color-coordinated carrying case, zipper clasp and removable strap.
Frame display accessories
▪ Graphic Panels frame display merchandising accessories, from Eye Designs, allow practices to communicate brands, categories and other personalized signs and marketing messages through signage. The Graphic Panels are designed with clear acrylic sheets and steely grey standoffs that attach to Eye Designs displays to incorporate with frame presentations. These accessories can be purchased in four sizes: 8.5″× 3″, 15.5″ × 3″, 5.5″ × 8.5″ and 11″ × 14″.
Phone: (800) 346-8890
Eye Designs’ Graphic Panels attach to the company’s displays to incorporate with frame presentations.
• Menicon America Inc.’s Unique pH is now available in a travel size that meets TSA guidelines for carrying liquids onto aircraft. The Unique pH Travel Pack includes a two fluid ounce (60 mL) bottle and a lens case. The product is available through Menicon’s WebStore, the company’s method of purchasing its contact lens solutions.
• Alden Optical expanded the parameter range of the Astera Multifocal Toric lens. A third ADD Profile design allows for increased near-vision correction, the company says. ADD Profile 1 is now recommended for up to +1.50D, Profile 2 from +1.75D to 2.25D and Profile 3 for requirements of +2.50D or greater.
Optometric Management, Volume: 48 , Issue: October 2013, page(s): 60