- ABB Optical Group’s Diversified Buying Group and the ECP Network, both part of the company’s Diversified Ophthalmics, will merge with the company’s Primary Eyecare Network (PEN). In related news, the company’s Digital Eye Lab celebrated its 10th anniversary. As part of its commemoration, it revealed a new logo and plans to unveil limited-time offers to select customers. Abboptical.com .
- Avedro has named Thomas E. Griffin as chief financial officer. Avedro.com .
- Cleinman Performance Partners announced its National Eyecare Facilities Conference. Titled “Building the WOW,” it will take place Oct. 13 to 15 at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare in Chicago. Cleinman.com/facilities .
- DrFirst has been selected by Eye Care Leaders (ECL) to integrate its medication management and e-prescribing technology with ECL’s electronic health record platform. Drfirst.com or eyecareleaders.com .
- Eye care providers in 36 sites in the U.S. and Canada are certified to fit EyePrintPRO, a prosthetic scleral cover shell that creates a smooth refractive surface for the eye. Eyeprintpro.com .
- KD Pharma Group, a large producer of omega-3 products, has made a direct investment in Nutriceutical Holdings, parent company of Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals (PRN), making it the largest shareholder of Nutriceutical Holdings. kdpharmagroup.com .
- National Vision Inc. recognized 115 optometrists with anniversary milestone awards at its annual Continuing Education Symposium in June. Nationalvision.com .
- Paragon Vision Sciences appointed Leah Johnson, O.D., F.A.A.O., to director, clinical services. Paragonvision.com .
- PARx Solutions announced enhancements to its Prior Authorization Support System (PASS), including: a multi-provider log-in feature, which allows practices to submit PAs for multiple physicians under a single log-in; chart note upload from practices’ EMR systems directly into PASS, eliminating the need to print and fax notes separately; and e-signature capability, which allows new providers to register for PASS and electronically sign HIPAA Business Associate Agreements. PARxsolutions.com .
- RightEye LLC. launched the RightEye Reading Test, to identify reading disorders non-invasively. Specifically, the test helps to differentiate between eye movement issues and reading disorders, says the company. RightEye.com .
- Safilo Group appointed Eugenio Razelli to chairman of its board of directors. He succeeds Robert Polet, who remains director of the company. Safilogroup.com .
- Shire Ophthalmics named John Snisarenko as group vice president and head of ophthalmics U.S. franchise. Shire.com .
- Super Optical debuted its profit calculator at Vision Expo East. You can find it at superoptical.com/profit-calculator .
- Transitions Optical sponsored the Ninth Annual Quail Motorcycle Gathering with Bell Powersports to raise awareness of the benefits of photochromic technology in Bell motorcycle shields, which are equipped with Transitions adaptive technology. In related news, the company has launched a new consumer campaign Live the Good Light, illustrating the role changing light plays in shaping our hours. It is on social media and a consumer sweepstakes. Transitions.com .
- Vita Risk, a genetics-based test from Arctic Diagnostics that aids in the selection of ocular nutritional supplements for patients who have intermediate dry AMD, received approval for reimbursement by the CMS. The test is available through Arctic Medical Laboratories in Grand Rapids, Mich., a facility certified under the U.S. Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and by the College of American Pathologists. arcticdx.com
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals received a PDUFA date of Feb. 28 for Rhopressa from the FDA, after having completed its initial 60-day review of the NDA.
- Bausch + Lomb’s Luminesse, (brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic solution 0.025%), a topical vasoconstrictor to be developed as an OTC eye drop to relieve redness, due to minor eye irritations, received FDA acceptance of its NDA. The FDA has set a PDUFA date of Dec. 27. Bausch.com .
- Valley Contax received 510(K) FDA clearance for its custom stable scleral contact lenses. Valleycontax.com . OM