- AccuLens launched its new corporate brand identity, redesigned logo and visual aids. Also, the company now offers trial lens sets that have laser-etched limbal curve indicator markings, also known as LCI, to assist in determining proper lens diameter and limbal vault.
- Allergan‘s shareholders have approved the pro-posed acquisition of Allergan by AbbVie Inc. The transaction is expected to close in early 2020.
- Bio-Tissue Inc. has launched an education website, DiscoverMDE.com , on mechanical dry eye (MDE). The website features resources, for both patients and health care providers.
- Brien Holden Vision Institute (BHVI) has signed a deal with Optometry Giving Sight USA (OGS) to continue as its preferred project implementation partner.
- Essilor and Michelin have partnered for a two-year collaboration to raise awareness on the importance of good vision on the road, as well as good functional tires. In related news, the Essilor Vision Foundation Golf Classic raised $1 million to help underserved U.S. children receive vision care.
- Eyevance Pharmaceuticals announced the acquisition of Tobradex (tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0.05%) and Natacyn (natamycin ophthalmic suspension 5%), from Novartis.
- NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced an exclusive 90-day agreement with NuSight Medical to distribute the NuLids System for the treatment of blepharitis and dry eye disease. NovaBay has also launched a daily vitamin, NovaSight, “specially formulated to support ocular health,” on Amazon.com .
- PECAA announced a new program, “90 Days to Dry Eye,” developed in conjunction with Dry Eye University. Using live events, online courses and interactive coaching, the program walks participants through the process of building a dry eye profit center in just 90 days. For information, visit https://www.pecaa.com/dry-eye-education .
- Transitions Optical named Brian O’Neill as global vice president, innovation, technology and operations. In this role, he will create and deliver on a vision for the photochromic category.
- Vision Source hosted 39,000 visits to its online member event the Virtual Exchange, which launched in 2016. The seven-day event enables Vision Source optometrist members to purchase ophthalmic equipment and products from vendors at “significantly discounted prices,” Vision Source says.
- The Vision Council’s 2020 Executive Summit’s registration is now open. The event will take place Jan. 29 to Jan. 31 at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, in Manalapan, Fla. For complete details, visit http://thevisioncouncil.org/executive-summit .
- Warby Parker has launched its own brand of daily disposable contact lenses. Named Scout, the lenses are made of hioxifilcon A lens material, 57% water content and provide 25 Dk/t oxygen permeability.
See “O.D. Notebook,” posted on OptometricManagement.com every Wednesday, for weekly industry news.