- Acuity Pro has created a 90-second animated video for its Acuity Pro Digital Acuity System called, “Learn About Vision With Dr. Frank and Gwen,” based in part on the late Frank Fontana, O.D. The video will be used primarily as a distance fixation target.
- Akorn launched TheraTears Sterilid antimicrobial eyelid cleanser and facial wash, a 0.01% hypochlorous acid formula with pH balance to be gentle on eyelids. It is available through retailers, Amazon and eye care professionals.
- Allergan, Sightsavers and the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness announced a joint initiative to prevent glaucoma-related vision loss by building healthcare capacity in low and middle-income countries that have the highest unmet need. The initiative will provide training for healthcare professionals to screen at-risk populations.
- Brien Holden Vision Institute has refreshed its Global Myopia Centre, a resource platform, with new features, a new look and improved navigation. Visit it globalmyopiacentre.org .
- Cleinman Performance Partners announced two July conferences for O.D.s to reduce costs and risks of moving, remodeling, buying or selling practices: Visit cleinman.com/conferences .
- Diopsys announced the launch of the ffERG/Flash Plus Photopic Negative Response vision test, a full field electroretinography protocol designed to aid in detecting early signs of glaucoma. It provides objective information on retinal ganglion cell function, primarily damaged by glaucoma, and their axions.
- Eyenovia announced it has enrolled the first patient in its Phase 3 Chaperone study of MicroPine, a proprietary atropine topical micro-formulation for the reduction of myopia, delivered by the company’s Optejet dispenser for progressive myopia. The U.S.-based, multi-center, randomized, double-masked trial will enroll more than 400 children and investigate the safety and efficacy of MicroPine.
- Goldmann Sachs’ West Street Partners VII fund announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Capital Vision Services, which owns MyEyeDr. Capital Vision Services manages hundreds of practices nationwide. It provides affiliated, independent optometrists with financial, marketing, human resources and accounting services and managed care credentialing and claims processing.
- Primary Eyecare Network is offering a leadership seminar for office staff members on July 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at PEN Education Center, 1750 N. Loop Road in Alameda, Calif. visit PrimaryEye.net .