My challenge for you this month: Make a daily habit to learn something new about the business of eye care.
If I were to in-quire about your ongoing efforts to sharpen your clinical skills and stay current on ocular treatments, you would likely tell me you’ve taken CE, read the latest articles and attended industry conferences. But what would you say if I asked about your efforts to sharpen your business skills?
Revenues and profits get reinvested into office upgrades, technology and other costs directly tied to clinical care and the patient experience. Without them, it’s financially difficult to provide the highest level of patient care.
DELVE IN DAILY
- Read business books. Or, listen to audio business books during your commute or lunch hour.
- Listen to business podcasts. These are available online (e.g. Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts) and are 10 minutes to 90 minutes, also making them ideal for commutes.
- Take a business course. Available at a local college or online, use what you learn.
- Attend practice management lectures at industry conferences.
- Join an O.D. alliance or group. OM