Prevent Blindness has provided a new, no-cost resource titled “Diabetes and the Eyes.” The toolkit has downloadable materials, in English and Spanish, including fact sheets, presentation slides, social media graphics and more. Find it all here: https://www.preventblindness.org/diabetes-and-eyes-educational-toolkit
Trivia: This week marks Contact Lens Health Week: https://bit.ly/2tWYSjN. For tips on how to get patients to comply with the prescribed wear and care regimen, visit https://bit.ly/2KXhURA.
- The Vision Council announced the publication of standards for specification of eye protectors for racket sports, replacing the previous requirements. Access them here: https://webstore.ansi.org/Standards/ASTM/ASTMF316419.
- Compulink Healthcare Solutions has acquired MyEyeStore, an e-commerce solution in ophthalmic healthcare focusing on contact lens re-ordering through eyecare practices. It has the ability to recommend other products directly to patients. Principals from the company say in the press release that the acquisition complements Compulink’s “all-in-one solution.”
- CooperVision has submitted comments to the U.S. FTC regarding its proposed changes to the Contact Lens Rule. The company continued to recommend approaches that protect competition while ensuring the safe use of contact lenses and good wearing experiences, including the essential role of eye care professionals. The letter is available at https://coopervision.com/practitioner/ecp-viewpoints/legislative-advocacy.
- Essilor has been recognized by Fortune as one of the 52 companies that Change the World, acknowledging the Group’s commitment to eradicate poor vision by 2050.
- Visionary Optics has redesigned its website—https://www.visionary-optics.com—to improve the customer experience when searching for information. According to the company, the new site features a user-friendly, modern design that gives easy access to product information, videos and trainings, order forms and industry resources. Additionally, the company expanded its headquarters and moved to a new location in Oak Brook, Ill. in early August.
- The Precision1 daily disposable silicone hydrogel contact lens, from Alcon, is made with Smartsurface technology and a permanent, micro-thin, high-performance layer of moisture at the lens surface that helps to support a stable tear film, according to the company.
- Vario Digital FHD desktop magnifier, from Eschenbach Optik of America Inc., provides magnification from 1.3 to 45 times with multiple viewing options that can fold down to 5 inches in height.