Review Diabetic Eye Care Services and Coordination of Benefits Annually
Practice Tip: While practices must stay up to date on all changes to vision plans and medical insurance,two areas to review each year are diabetic eye care services and coordination of benefits. For tips on how to review changes in both areas for 2020, see “Coding Strategy,” https://bit.ly/2sRAJka.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals announced that its sterile fill production facility in Ireland has received FDA approval to produce netarsudil and latanoprost solution 0.02%/0.005% (Rocklatan) for the U.S. market.
- Aldeyra Therapeutics announced enrollment in its Phase 3 INVIGORATE trial. The trial will enroll 120 patients and assess the safety and efficacy of reproxalap ophthalmic solution (0.25%) in patients who have conjunctivitis.
- America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses announced it expanded its partnership with Privé Revaux after a pilot program with the eyewear brand.
- Contamac announced the introduction of Nutrifill, an FDA-cleared preservative-free contact lens solution indicated for specialty GP lenses. Nutrifill launches Jan. 23 at the Global Specialty Lens Symposium* and will be available wholesale to eye care practitioners, as well as direct to patients. (The Global Specialty Lens Symposium is a PentaVision Media event. PentaVision Media publishes Optometric Management.)
- CooperVision appointed JaneAbgbontaen as senior brand director for Myopia Management in the Americas. Specifically, she will oversee the strategic planning and execution of all activities that support the U.S. growth of CooperVision’s myopia management portfolio – specifically the Brilliant Futures Myopia Management Program.
- Sam Kresch, founder and CEO of marketing company Eye Care Digital (eyecaredigital.com), is offering six online marketing tutorials through Youtube. These videos are: How To List Your Optometry Practice On Google My Business (2020) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw1fmzZZE1A), The Right Way to Upload Photos to Your Optometry Practice's Listing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvQxe-6zMQ), Choosing the (RIGHT) Category For Your Optometry Practice's Listing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pIOkhL6b8), How To Get Great Reviews For Your Optometry Practice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLaJ7T3QylA), How To Write Posts For Your Google My Business Optometry Listing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL_SdNXgpsc), and 5 Top Ranking Factors for Google My Business (For Optometrists) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HREsixfMBRc).
- Safilo Group USA’s National Sales meeting was held in Scottsdale, Ariz., from Dec. 15 to Dec. 18 2019. The meeting brought together corporate and independent sales team members from across the United States for a high-energy event, under the theme “Everything is Possible Right Here! Right Now!” The company celebrated its past and outlined a bright future for 2020 through a reimagined sales strategy and new brand initiatives.
- Tarsus Pharma, a California-based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, has raised $60 million to fund a Phase 2b/3 trial of its lead TP-03 product for Demodex blepharitis, as well as Phase 1 and 2 development of other clinical programs.
- Transitions Optical published a new white paper, “Sensitivity to Light,” which will join a suite of resources available through the company. According to the paper, nine out of 10 people experience light sensitivity. The paper provides an in-depth look at light sensitivity’s impact on patients and how ECPs can assess them. The full white paper can be read here: www.TransitionsPRO.com/LightManagement.
- Essilor Vision Foundation (EVF) has launched its 2020 campaign, Vote For Vision. According to Prevent Blindness, over 12 million children in the United States have a vision impairment, with half not getting the care they need. You can Vote for Vision by donating to EVF – a $50 donation provides a child’s exam and glasses – and, thanks to a generous grant, each donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar. Learn more about the campaign here: http://bit.ly/2uj4tGT
- Arch Crown has released its Op-Tag & Label catalog. It’s 40-pages feature hundreds of stock styles, pre- and custom printed Op-Tags and labels with full-line bar code line technology. The new catalog is available at www.ArchCrown.com.
- Costa is expanding its Del Mar Rx-able sunwear collection for spring 2020 with two new frames – Sullivan and Tybee. The Del Mar collections features Mazzuchelli acetate and premium five-barrel hinges.
- Ermenegildo Zegna has released its Spring/Summer 2020 eyewear collection, produced and distributed by Marcolin Group. The collection features sunwear and eyeglass styles, as well as the brand’s ‘XXX’ logo.
- Mojo Vision announced it is building a smart contact lens that will have a built-in display to give the wearer timely and useful information. It will also be designed as a low vision aid.
- CooperVision has released the results of a study on contact lens wear drop-out, which shows that after three and six months of starting contact lens wear, 31% say they are likely to stop wearing their lenses in the next six months. For additional data on the study, which was comprised of 1,000 adults from the United States and Germany who had been wearing contact lenses between two months and one year, visit http://bit.ly/2sJxnzw.
- NYC Health and SUNY College of Optometry announced a partnership to enhance vision services at four NYC Health + Hospitals facilities. The partnership aims to improve patient outcomes, reduce health disparities and advance population health across age demographics. The partnership will also help expedite the hiring of optometrists through the college to practice at the four NYC Health facilities.