I mentioned last week that I would write about the handout we use in my practice titled “10 Reasons to Buy Your Glasses at Gailmard Eye Center”. I have been using some version of this handout for about 30 years and it works very well when a patient is thinking about taking his eyeglass prescription to an optical store or ordering glasses online.
The handout formerly listed six reasons, but I increased it to ten and modified it to address more of the issues we see with online vendors.
Staff members use this one page document in our optical dispensary when talking to patients; it serves as a refresher for them about our policies and competitive advantages. We just want consumers to compare apples to apples when they shop for glasses, and we believe we will win most of the time if they do that. If a patient decides to go elsewhere for glasses, we give this handout with a printed copy of the Rx and we tell patients we hope they return and buy their glasses from us. Many do.
Feel free to modify the points below to convey the advantages offered in your practice.
<< Place your practice logo here>>
10 Reasons to Buy Your Glasses at Gailmard Eye Center
1. We offer a huge selection of frames and sunglasses that you can actually try on… to see how you look and how the frame feels on your face. Our opticians will help you find the perfect style, size, and color in your price range. Frames start at $95 and go up to include models that are made with real gold or exotic woods at over $1,000. We carry well-known designer brands and also many exclusive frame lines. We are happy to order additional frames or colors for you to see and try-on if desired.
2. You will be assured of getting the highest quality lenses and frames. We are optical professionals and we use the finest products available to provide you with the clearest eyesight and excellent durability. Online vendors often use inferior products, because it is hard for the consumer to tell the difference… at first. We will help you understand the various lens options and features available. We want you to get the best glasses and not pay for things you don’t want or need.
3. Our opticians perform 10 precise measurements of your eyes and facial features which are used to place your eyeglass order. We use advanced computer software and facial imaging technology. A PD measurement alone is not enough to make a good pair of glasses. We do not provide our proprietary measurements to other sellers.
4. We accept your vision plan insurance. Most online vendors and optical stores do not. We are in-network providers for all major vision plans and we can check your benefits and accept payment directly from your plan.
5. In addition to accepting major credit cards, we accept Care Credit, which is a health care financing service. You can apply in our office and select a six month payment plan that has 0% interest.
6. We manufacture your glasses in our own in-office lab whenever possible. Ask us for a tour and we’ll show you how we do it!
7. We verify your prescription lenses for accuracy, we check the frame size, and we approve the overall quality of workmanship before we contact you to pick up your new eyewear. If the job does not meet our high standards, it is returned to the lab and made again. Most online vendors do not check your prescription and errors happen frequently.
8. 30-day frame exchange privilege. After getting your glasses, if you decide you don’t like the frame, you may exchange it for any other frame. If new lenses are required, a small regrinding fee will be charged.
9. Free lifetime adjustments and repairs. Our expert opticians will professionally adjust and fit your glasses as often as needed for as long as you have them, at no charge. We replace screws and nose pads at no charge for our patients also. We do not adjust or repair glasses that are not purchased from us.
10. Our doctors are available to review your prescription needs and recheck your vision if you have any difficulties with your new glasses (at no charge) and we will fix any problems. We want you to love your glasses!